Hello, readers and writers!
This Sunday’s review is about Karina Halle’s most recent release. It’s standalone but features some characters from Swedish Prince. The story focuses on Magnus this time, the playboy prince from Norway. He makes a few appearances in the Swedish Prince, and I was so excited to see him get his in this novel!
Princess Ella isn’t exactly a princess. Technically, she is, but she’s never been treated like one since her father sent her away the first moment he could. She never grew up in her home country and isn’t close to any of her family members. She’s lost and lonely, looking for her place in the world. She definitely doesn’t expect to find anything close to it when Prince Magnus asks for her hand in marriage in order to help with his public image in Norway. There’s absolutely no way she could ever marry him, especially since there’s nothing underneath but a womanizing playboy. Isn’t there?
What I Didn’t Like:
- Ella played with Magnus’s feelings a bit, but Halle does a good job of explaining her reasoning. It was just hurting me to see so many of the characters wrapped up in her indecisiveness.
- Ella’s father was kind of terrible and I don’t know if he was ever truly given his moment to make amends. I don’t think his apologies were strong enough.
What I Liked:
- OMG!!! So much love for the story and the characters. I seriously wanted to stay in this world so much longer, and I hope we get another royal story. There are some teasers to the possibility of one in this book!
- Magnus was such a complicated character and I enjoyed watching him develop as we learned more about why he was the way he was. There were surprises and twists and turns to his character. Made me love him so much more.
- There’s definitely some humor here in this novel. Magnus and a few other characters are incredibly funny. Some of the other more serious characters have their moments of silliness as well. It was totally a sweet read.
- Even though Ella was a bit indecisive, I did relate to her a lot as a normal person. She may have been a princess, but she acted like an average girl I could imagine seeing on campus. I liked how normal she was and how little she gave a crap about Magnus’s appearance and status.
I definitely say give it a read! If you read Swedish Prince and loved it, you’ll definitely like this one as well. Their characters and stories are totally different, but I still loved them both a lot. I’m seriously hoping there’s a third!
Thank you so much for reading!
Want to reach Karina Halle?
Have you heard of Karina Halle before? Have you read any of her novels? Have you read this one? Let me know in the comments!! I love obsessing over awesome romance authors!!
Until next time 🙂