Hello, readers and writers!
I’m a little late on my review this week because I am actually enjoying the little bit of summer I have before the fall semester starts. I have slept in, been lazy, but I have still have had to work my student worker job and keep up with my internship. So bear with me as I get back on a regular schedule of book reviews and blog posts!
As for this release with R.S. Grey, I will openly admit that she is one of my favorite authors. She and Claire Kingsley switch places as my #1 quite often, and I absolutely love when they have new releases, and I get to enjoy living in their world for a few hours. Grey writes incredibly silly, sweet, and sexy romance novels, and this one did not disappoint at all!
Sam has a best friend named Ian. He’s like the most exceptional, most loyal friend in the entire universe, and she’s kind-of totally secretly in love with him, but he can never know! Nope, she will just take it to the grave and watch in horror as he finds the woman of his dreams and leaves her behind. Yep, that’s her destiny. Or, at least, until Ian starts being totally weird. He must be sick or something because it seems like he might actually like Sam back! What is going on?
What I Didn’t Like:
- Sam’s parents were total downers! They also didn’t get introduced until much later in the novel, and they pissed me off. I would have liked a little more backstory on how Sam had even become Sam.
- The Freshman Four!! They were almost intolerable, and some of the stuff they did would have been entirely inappropriate for how people should act in a school environment… but it did make for some ridiculous scenes.
What I Liked:
- How ridiculously silly and funny everyone is in the novel! This is one of the reasons I love R.S. Grey! Her heroines are so relatable because of their internal dialogue, and she never goes too far with it either.
- Ian is a dream! I was rooting for them so hard, and I couldn’t seem to find a flaw in him. Sometimes that’s a bad thing, but I was okay with it for this book because Sam totally deserved a flawless man!
- This story just kept going in a great way. I wanted to know what was going to happen, and there were some twists and turns. I honestly felt like I had been taken on an adventure.
I totally loved this book, and you will too! Give it a download and enjoy the laughs and heartwarming moments you’ll be subjected to. I’m already waiting for her next release, and I need it pronto!
Thanks for reading!
Join R.S. Grey’s reader’s group for more information on new releases and other fun stuff! I’ll be in there too, rooting her on!
Want more book reviews? Check out my suggestions tab at the top!