Hello, readers and writers!
Recently, I had an opportunity once again to receive an ARC from Claire Kingsley for her most recent release. Last week I posted a review from the first book in this series written by Lucy Score. I absolutely loved The Price of Scandal, and this was an awesome addition to the series!
Cameron Whitbury doesn’t need everyone stepping in after a near-robbery in her building’s parking lot. But no matter how much she tries to make others believe she’s just fine, they won’t let it go. So much so that one of her besties secretly schedules for a private bodyguard to meet with her for his interview. Cameron isn’t easily convinced but she’s willing to please her friends, so she hires him. It has nothing to do with him being huge, muscular, and mysterious. Nope, it’s completely professional.
What I Didn’t Like:
- The big all is lost moment with Jude and Cameron wasn’t my favorite, but Claire does a good job of getting them to recognize how ridiculous they’re being.
What I Liked:
- All the mystery and the surprises as the story kept going on! Such an awesome second book for the series.
- Cameron was a great heroine. I really related with her and enjoyed how sweet she was to everyone.
- Jude has a hero was very swoony.
- There was some really good action in this novel. There’s one specific scene close to the end that’s incredibly detailed and Claire did a great job!
- Some of the other characters are pretty funny and add a lot to the story.
- I didn’t want it to end. Can’t wait to read more!
I loved it! I’m excited for the next two books in the series. I might even get me some paperbacks because so far these books have gotten me back into reading after a slump. It’s been so difficult to find something as fun as these novels!