Hello, readers and writers!
Claire Kingsley is the only author I receive ARCs from at the moment, so I’m super excited to be posting a review for her on the actual release date! She seriously writes such fantastic stuff and inspires me in my writing every day!
Today, I’m just going to quickly mention that this is the third novel in the Miles Family Series, and reviews on Broken Miles and Forbidden Miles are right here. So far I am loving this series and I can’t wait for more! I’m definitely buying each one as a signed paperback as soon as she opens that option in October (I think).
Cooper Miles is as awesome as they come. He lives life the way it should be lived, one day at a time. He wants to fill his schedule with fun and adventures, even if that means going a bit off the rails sometimes. His life is totally his own which takes Amelia by surprise. Her entire life has been chosen for her. Each path has been laid out and forced onto her by her mother or her ex-fiance. She’s lucky things didn’t work out and she ended up in Cooper’s arms, but for how long? When does she have to grow up and face her life by making her own choices?
What I Didn’t Like:
- Amelia’s mom is a real C U NEXT TUESDAY if you know what I’m saying, but they deal with her in a great way. Watching the development of the characters and having Amelia grow into her shell was an awesome experience.
- Cooper’s dad was also a huge TOOL. His story takes a sharp right turn in the middle of the novel, and it’s totally not expected at all. We thought we had Lawrence Miles all figured out, but we didn’t! I loved the plot devices, I just hate him as a person lol.
What I Liked:
- Honestly, the entire story. Yes, I didn’t like the characters above, but I did feel that they added so much to the story and the development of our other characters. And I’m not just talking about our hero and heroine. The entire family is impacted by these choices.
- Cooper was an awesome hero. I loved his personality and the way he saw life so much. I also loved that Amelia was a good match for that. I thought CK would have matched him up with a hardcore no-nonsense chick, but I like the choice she made here instead.
- There were lots of great quotes, especially on the last page of the book. I swooned so hard, and I don’t even want to wait for the next one, but I have to!!!
Absolutely loved and you should definitely go out there and grab yourself a copy. CK usually has her books available for KU if you’re on a budget but her prices for Kindle and Paperback are reasonable as well. She’s awesome. Goodreads link is here.
Thanks for reading!
If you want to see what other novels CK has written that I’ve reviewed, click here. She also has a great Facebook Reader’s group that I’m also a part of, so join if you want to link up with other awesome ladies!
Until next time 🙂