Let me just start out by saying, “Wow.”
This novel took so many twists and turns throughout that it kept me glued to each page. I worried about the hero and heroine’s personalities and where the story would go. I loved them both and didn’t want anyone’s heart to be broken, even if they’re merely fictional characters.
Lucy Score is a fantastic contemporary romance author. She makes her books humorous as well as sweet and sexy. Since this is only my second adventure with her, I plan on taking much more in the future. This novel has become a bestseller, making it all the way into the top 20 on Amazon so far! The story definitely deserves the recognition, and I will recommend it to anyone looking for a steamy, romantic, and fun read.
“I’m not going to stop until you give me what I want. You need to understand that. I’ll push your buttons, manipulate you. Whatever it takes. I won’t fall for you. But I’ll be good to you.” — Aiden Killbourne
Aiden Kilbourn is a terrible person. Raised horribly with an awful background. Sure, he’s rich and could have whatever he wants, but he’d prefer to simply be left alone. The number of people in his world who find him tolerable could be counted on one hand. Normally, he’s fine with being disliked. He prefers it that way . . . until he meets Franchesca Baranski. She’s fiery and not afraid to tell him exactly where he can stick it. He wants her and he’s not going to let her get away. A Kilbourn always wins.
What I Didn’t Like:
There wasn’t much I didn’t like since this book is totally amazeballs, but I will say there were a few small things.
- Their initial meeting and time spent together were a bit confusing for me. There’s an entire section of the novel in the first 35% that seems so off the walls and totally ridiculous that I really wondered where things would go from there. Luckily, I was completely addicted and sold by the 50% mark.
- Sometimes Frankie’s stubbornness really bothered me. I can understand it’s her character flaw, but it definitely made me mad at her a few times during the novel. Character transformation is always essential a good novel, though, and Score really delivered that for me at the end, especially in the bonus epilogue!
What I Liked:
- Once again from No More Secrets, strong female characters. Score makes it known throughout her writing how essential it is for her to have female characters who kick back, hard. We have a few less female characters than the novel I’ve read before, but Frankie busted enough butts for five women.
- The logic and respect Frankie and Aiden had for one another once he finally gained her trust. I loved that it didn’t matter what got thrown at them, neither seemed to sway their opinion on the fact that the other was a good person.
- Of course, the steamy sex scenes!! And all the romance!! Definitely got swept away and completely fell in love with Aiden during this journey.
I loved it! ♥♥♥♥♥ I recommend it 100%. I instantly had to make sure I downloaded her bonus epilogue and wished there was more to read. This novel may be a guaranteed HEA, but it doesn’t end in a typical way at all. Looking forward to reading more!
Interested in following/learning more about Lucy Score? Here’s her interactive Facebook Group (I’m in it too).
Want to see more of my reviews? Check out my Goodreads feed to the right of this post on my page where I have shortened versions of my reviews/ratings.
Until next time! 🙂