Hello, readers and writers!
This week I’ll be reviewing Claire Kingsley’s most recent release and the second novel in her Miles Family Series! I absolutely loved Broken Miles when it came out in March, and I had time to reread the novel before this release. I fell a little behind in homework, but that’s okay because it was totally worth it!
Forbidden Miles by Claire Kingsley
Brynn Miles is used to being the baby of the family even though she absolutely hates it. No one sees her as the adult she is except her sister-in-law, Zoe. At least, until things between a certain family friend change. She’s known him her whole life, but he’s never really noticed her. Not like how he does now. And it’s everything she ever hoped it could be. She just wishes everyone in her family would stop seeing her as a little girl and accept the fact that she’s growing up, and that she’s fallen in love.
What I Didn’t Like:
- Lawrence Miles is a freaking douche! He makes another appearance in this novel, and he’s somehow worse than in the first one. I don’t even understand how he raised a group of nice boys and a respectful young lady. Crazy.
- Cooper needed to chill with his overprotectiveness of Brynn, but this totally helped move the story along, so I understand why he was a jerk throughout most of it. I just kinda wish there had been more Cooper time, but we’ll get it next time ❤
What I Liked:
- The hero is so swoon-worthy! Claire kept who he was a secret from us all the way up until ARCs were sent out, so I’ll be keeping up with the fun of keeping his identity secret. You can take clues I’ve left, but basically, he’s super swoony!
- Getting more of Roland and Zoe. I loved their story so much from the first novel, and it was nice to get plenty of time with them! There are more developments in their relationship, so get ready, readers!
- Angst for this novel was incredibly low. Sometimes angst is super fun, but it’s also nice to sometimes read a novel where characters have a healthy start to their relationship. Even without the angst, there is still plenty of drama and suspense!
I loved it and would totally recommend it! This novel can be read on its own, but I highly suggest reading Broken Miles first! Link for the first in the series is at the top of the post!
Thank you for reading!
Have you read Claire Kingsley before? Are you interested in giving her a shot? To learn more about her and get in contact, join her interactive Facebook Group! I’m in there, and I freaking love it! It’s such a supportive group with awesome fellow romance readers.
As always, I have an Instagram, Twitter, Facebook page and group, and an email subscription list with an excellent newsletter!
Until next time 🙂
2 thoughts on “Forbidden Miles by Claire Kingsley”