Hello, readers and writers!
I cannot believe I waited so long to read this novel. I had thought her previous release was the final installment in her series, but I was totally wrong! I wasn’t expecting this story, and I loved reading this antihero’s story! Stella Rhys has done such an amazing job of combining kinky moments with an emotional story.
Evie’s just been dumped by her long-term boyfriend. They’ve been friends since she was a child and they’ve been dating since she was a teenager. He’s been her entire life for as long as she’s known, and now he’s gone, leaving her a weeping, desperate mess. She runs into Drew at a party, and he’s such a cocky jerk. Sure, he’s all hot and famous, but he’s still a jerk, especially with his arrogant confidence. But that somehow isn’t enough to keep Evie away, especially when he makes an offer she can’t refuse.
What I Didn’t Like:
- I hated Evie’s ex. He was such a douchebag and got worse as the story went on. There are some awesome moments with him thought when Drew and Evie mess with him hard.
- Drew was an idiot during a certain part of the novel, and it pissed me off that he would hurt Evie in that way, but he redeemed himself nicely.
What I Liked:
- Drew’s antihero ways. He was a freaking cocky asshole in the beginning, but I still found him totally lovable. I knew he had a lot more to his character than what was being shown, and that was thanks to Rhys’ great writing.
- Evie was such a sweetheart throughout the novel. She was the perfect heroine for Drew and his trust issues. I loved them as a couple and thought they totally complimented each other well.
- A lot of things that happened in this novel were a total surprise! I didn’t expect some of the outcomes or the way the plot went, especially toward the end. I love a romance novel that takes me on a journey.
I would definitely recommend this novel! It can be read on its own, but the other novels are great too. I’ve been falling more and more in love with Stella Rhys since Sweet Spot was release.
Thanks for reading!
Until next time! Enjoy your weekend 🙂