Hello, readers and writers!
After finishing Three Blind Dates a few months ago, the rest of the series has been released. I felt horrible as I struggled to find time on my TBR list for these novels, but I finally got all caught up on the past two months of new releases to give them both a read back to back.
Today I’ll be covering the second in the series, and on Sunday my review for the third will be posted, so be on the look-out if you’ve bee interested at all in this series or Meghan Quinn. She’s kind of the queen of wacky characters and situations.
Rylee is looking for an escape. The last year has been incredibly rough on her, and she’s struggling to write something new. A vacation away to crash a friend of a friend’s wedding sounds like a great idea, especially when she runs into Beck who’s there for the same reason. They hit it off amazingly well, both shocked to have found someone so funny, entertaining, and good-looking. It’s seriously too good to be true which is why Rylee wants to keep it light and casual. Everything’s easier that way.
What I Didn’t Like:
- Rylee tried making decisions for Beck, and that really bothered me. She didn’t even give him a chance to accept certain things about her that were completely out of her control.
- Beck may have come on a little strong, but I understand it’s cute for the story since we’d like to believe a good man would do anything to be with us (cue heart eyes).
What I Liked:
- Beck was totally a dream. He may have had his dark past, but he was working on bettering himself and learning more about him only made me fall deeper in love.
- The story moved a lot. There were several settings, and each of them was explained and utilized well. We didn’t just have a one destination romance story here. It was a journey.
- The sexual tension was great. There was a lot of withholding for a while in this novel, so prepare yourself for that, but it’s worth it when it finally happens.
This novel was a lot of fun. There were funny, sexy, and sweet moments spread throughout. I enjoyed it more than Three Blind Dates, so if you’ve read that novel by Meghan Quinn, you’ll definitely love this one!
Thanks for reading!
Want to find out more about Meghan Quinn and her books?
- Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Goodreads.
- Check out her website or Amazon author page for more books!
Have you read Meghan Quinn before? Did you read this novel? Are you interested? Leave a comment!
Until next time 🙂