Hello, readers and writers!
So after reading Cocky Roommate a few weeks ago, I had some other novels on my TBR list, but they had to wait as I jumped right into reading Hot Single Dad by Claire for a second time! I just love her writing and enjoy being in her world as much as possible, so putting everything on the backburner to enjoy this story again was totally worth it (sorry other authors, I love you all too!).
This novel is the third and final installment in the Book Boyfriends Series. I would suggest giving them a read if you’re looking for a new series that’s funny, romantic, and super sexy. I only had to read Claire Kingsley once to fall in love, and I guarantee you will too!
Caleb is in need of some help. His wife died a few years ago, and he’s been struggling to keep it all together. He’s a hospital surgeon with an insane schedule and the inability to find himself a reliable nanny. His late wife’s family decides to fix his problem by sending their younger daughter to work as his daughter’s caregiver. He remembers Linnea from her younger, rebellious years when she hardly talked to or looked at anyone. But once he sees her coming down the escalator at the airport, he knows he’s ultimately in over his head. He hadn’t expected her to grow into such an irresistible woman.
What I Didn’t Like:
- Linnea’s parents were the absolute worst. I hated how they felt they could just move her all around when they felt like it as if she were still a child and not a grown woman. Sure, she’s young, but not that young.
- There’s a douchenozzle in this novel who freaks Linnea out. His entire existence in this novel was very short, but he was remembered and a crucial part of the turning point in this novel, so look out! Also, trust me, he’s a total jerk.
What I Liked:
- Caleb was so incredibly sweet with Linnea through everything. He made some assumptions on her behalf a few times, but he always had her best interests at heart. He didn’t want to hurt her or hold her back in any way, and I thought that was sweet. They’re real concerns to have.
- Charlotte is seriously the cutest imaginary girl ever. Each scene with her was adorable, and she added so much to the story. She was a crucial part of both Caleb and Linnea’s life, and I felt that while reading.
- The ending was so incredibly sweet. There were promises made, and we weren’t sure if they were going to be delivered, but the romance world just works out perfectly like that. I wanted to tear up for their entire family in that final scene, not including the epilogue.
I enjoyed this novel both times. For some reason, reading Kingsley feels even better a second, or third, time. Her writing inspires me a lot, and I would definitely recommend this novel to anyone who is looking for a good read. It has enough drama to keep you interested, but nothing heartbreaking.
Thank you for reading my little reviews!
Have you read Claire Kingsley before? Are you interested in giving her a shot? To learn more about her and get in contact, join her interactive Facebook Group! I’m in there, and I freaking love it! It’s such a supportive group with awesome fellow romance readers.
Until next time 🙂