Hello, readers and writers!
Today I’m reviewing a roughly new novel by Kathryn Nolan. I’ve read one other story by her titled Riptide, and I totally loved it! I completely missed the release of Bohemian, but this book was promoted a lot in the few readers groups I’ve joined on Facebook so I was able to prioritize this read and I’m so glad I did!
Josie Torres has been burned before, and she plans on making sure she never repeats that mistake again. She’s a one-night-stand type of girl, and Gabe Shaw can’t help how attracted he is to her. The intensity between them is electric, something neither can ignore, no matter how much Josie wishes she would. She just wants one night with Gabe Shaw, fulfilling their secret fantasy, and then she wants to go on her way, but she can’t seem to stay away from the sexy Viking man.
What I Didn’t Like:
- I felt like Josie was playing with Gabe’s heart a bit in the novel, but I know she is also incredibly stubborn, even going as far as to lie to herself to protect her heart.
- Gabe was also a bit stubborn, putting himself before Josie at some points before realizing his mistakes.
What I Liked:
- The sex scenes were O-M-G, so good! Their sexual chemistry jumps off the page pretty early into the novel, but Nolan does a great job of making us wait for it and keeping us wondering what’s going to happen next for them.
- Gabe was totally not an asshole, and I loved it. His submissive behaviors put the ball entirely in Josie’s court, and I thought that was very different from what we usually see in romance novels, especially as he still stayed an emotionally and physically strong character.
- The conflict in this novel was seriously so good! I was rooting for them both and didn’t want anyone to have to give anything up, but I wanted them to make it together as well. I loved the ending resolution as well. Great lesson for couples to learn.
Put it on your TBR list if you haven’t already because it was a great read. I couldn’t put it down, and it’s been added to all the other amazing reads I’d had this month! I’ve just been smiling, laughing, and being unable to put my Kindle down to do anything else.
Thanks for reading!
Have you ever read Kathryn Nolan before? Are you interested in checking out this steamy small town story? Let me know in the comments!
Until next time 🙂