Hello, readers and writers!
Today I’ll be reviewing the very last book in the North Ridge series. These novels came out at the very end of last year and it took me a while to finally get a chance to read them after traveling for vacation and falling ill at the beginning of 2018. I was so glad I could finally fit them into my reading schedule as I totally fell in love with each hero. This finale to the series was obviously very thought-out and calculated by Karina Halle, and I’m excited to be reviewing it for you guys.
Delilah has been in love with Fox since they were kids. Although she’s known he doesn’t love her back, she simply cannot help herself when it comes to him. And somehow, lately, it’s been getting harder and harder to hide those feelings as they continue to get older. One silly night, everything between them changes, and Delilah’s terrified of scaring him away, knowing his heart can’t be in the right place. There are too many demons in Fox’s past, holding him back from happiness and love. It’s not something in him she can just fix. It’s something he has to want for himself.
What I Didn’t Like:
- Fox was making me mad at certain parts of the novel as he used Del without really realizing it. He didn’t know her feelings, but he was just very selfish about his actions. I was surprised Del still wanted him through some of it, but, at the same time, I understand he’s troubled.
- Fox also blamed himself for dumb things throughout his whole life. He acted like a jerk and didn’t try moving on from the past.
What I Liked:
- Making Fox’s story the last one. Halle did an incredible job of making us care a lot about Delilah and Fox before even starting this book. We already knew from Wild Card and Maverick that there was something going on between them and that Fox had deeply-seeded issues from his past.
- Delilah was like the sweetest heroine ever. I loved her so much and would totally want her to be one of my friends. The way she cares for everyone, especially Fox who didn’t deserve it sometimes, was incredibly sweet. I wanted her HEA so bad!
- Fox’s need for character development was so prevalent. Halle also did a great job of giving us different perspectives of Fox from other characters through dialogue or actions. It was known to the reader how Fox saw himself, but also how everyone else saw him, which was very different.
- In the end, I was so won over by this story. I couldn’t put the book down and stayed up late to finish it! Fox is such a complicated hero and I loved reading his story and the transformation of their family in this final installment.
I will definitely recommend this series to anyone looking for something sweet, emotional, and filled with massive amounts of steam. Each story had their own perfect elements that made them different from one another. I read them out of order, starting with Maverick (#2) and then reading Wild Card before finishing with this one. They were all just breathtaking in their own way.
Thanks for reading!
Check out my review for the first book in the series, Wild Card, and her most recent release The Swedish Prince. Other ways of getting into contact with Karina Halle is
Want to reach Karina Halle?
Have you heard of Karina Halle before? Have you read any of her novels? Have you read this one? Let me know in the comments!! I love obsessing over awesome romance authors!!
Until next time 🙂
Until next time 🙂